Sunday, September 11, 2011

Out, damned spot.

Confession: I put off cleaning my bathroom.  I HATE this job.

So, by the time I get around to doing it, it's a big mess.  The only difference this time was that I had run out of my last bottle of anti-hard-water cleaning stuff.  Ugh, I was scrubbing and scrubbing with a hard surface cleaner in the shower, grumbling and mad.  I needed a different plan, and I thought about what options I had.  I had a big bottle of bleach downstairs... eeeew.

I've been using Dr. Bronner's liquid castile soap as a body wash for a while.  It has a good lavender smell, the price was good for the quantity, and I put my trust in the people who decide what products go in the health food section of our Kroger.  The bottle is weird.  It's covered with writing, which mostly sounds like emails from crazy people.  Mismatched scripture passages, other weirdness.  It suggests there are 18 uses, including hard surface cleaning and toothpaste... I once heard a story about someone who didn't realize their bottle had spilled, and it ate a hole in the wood finish on their floor.

Why am I using this on my body?  Um... I rinse a lot?
Look, I really like the smell of lavender.

Anyway, I poured a tiny dab of the stuff on my cleaning rag, and scrubbed the shower.  It smelled AMAZING.  It completely cleaned up the soap scum with one or two passes.  It rinsed clean.

Very pleased.  But possibly reconsidering it as a body wash...

NB: I'm not affiliated with Dr. Bronner.  I'm sure he's a fine gentleman, but I want you to know that he (and his company) had nothing to do with me writing this post.  Just me and my dirty bathroom.  Kroger is also unaware that I have written this.

No comments:

Post a Comment